Sunday, December 4, 2011

O’ (Fake) Christmas Tree

I know, I know, before I get crap from Oregonians about our choice of a fake tree, we are saving our real tree seeking efforts until the kids are at an age where they know the difference. For now, the fake one will do for a few years.  We got our tree today and it was a lot of fun seeing the kid’s different reactions. Claire has been talking about a Christmas tree nonstop for a week now. She was SO happy to see the tree after her nap.
IMG_5925Henry giving Daddy a hand.
IMG_5928
Claire giving her helping hand as well. Someday we’ll teach her that a box was once a tree and that trees grow in the ground. For now, she knows Christmas trees come out of boxes.
IMG_5933IMG_5942
While they were napping we set up the tree. Henry was the first awake and you can see why we put the tree in a play yard. Right away he tried grabbing the lights/ornaments.IMG_5944
Claire woke up and helped me finish the last of the ornaments.  Yes, she often takes longer naps than Henry.  If only I can convince Henry to sleep long stretches like Claire…
IMG_5946 IMG_5947 IMG_5948 IMG_5952

2 comments:

  1. They look like they are having a fun time. Your house looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erica! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete