Saturday, March 16, 2013

Catch Up Time

 

I realized it’s been a little while since I’ve posted something. We’ve been busy with school, work, travel, and just everyday stuff. I figured the easiest way to update is to make a list of what the kids have been up to.

Henry:

  • He had his two year old check up and is 30 lbs (70th percentile) and 38 inches tall (99th percentile). Tall kid!
  • He is talking up a storm in his own way. Henry loves to babble and tell us stories. We have no idea what he is saying. But he is starting to saw more words even if it seems impossible to understand him.
  • Since the weather is getting nicer he loves to be outside. Playing in the playhouse is a favorite activity, along with digging with is tractors.
  • The kid can finally sleep. He went from not sleeping through the night to sleeping 12-13 hours. It’s pretty awesome.
  • He loves balls. When we go outside his favorite game is to grab a tennis ball, baseball, soccer ball, etc, and toss it down our driveway in the street for Paul or I to retrieve. Today he tossed the ball just as a neighbor was driving down the street. Thankfully it went under the car.
  • Sharing toys is a struggle. The day he turned two was the day he stopped sharing and yelling, “mine!” all the time.
  • He is still such a happy little guy and so willing to snuggle, cuddle, and give hugs. It’s great.
  • The building blocks are one of his favorite toys. He loves building towers.

IMG_9596     IMG_9603IMG_9604

 

Claire:

  • She’s still our little communicator. Both Paul and I love having “Claire dates” and take her out to eat. It is so much fun to have conversations with her and see how her little mind works.
  • Bike riding is a favorite activity. She’s loves riding up and down the street and it’s crazy to think she is old enough to do that.
  • School is fun for her still. She talks about all her friends at school and her favorite activities.
  • She is really excited for the next time she can go on an airplane. Everyday she asks when will we go on a trip.
  • Along with a trip, she really wants to go to the beach.
  • She has been having fun helping me make meals. She likes to stand on her stool and help me put the meal together.
  • She just got light up shoes which she has been wanting for a long time and I think for the last two nights she has slept with them on and not taken them off.
  • She is such a sweet, caring, lovable little girl. This age is so fun with her.

Trying to make her shoes light up:

IMG_9580    IMG_9584

IMG_9579

As for the grown ups, Paul has been traveling a lot for work so it’s been a few longs weeks. Thankfully he was able to take a couple of days off this week and relax. The kids have been missing him(me too!). I’ve been doing some small home projects. I painted some more walls with chalkboard paint since the kids needed to pull a chair up to reach the wall I had originally painted. I think I’m done with chalkboard paint.

Before:                                                                 After:

IMG_9570                  IMG_9573

No comments:

Post a Comment