He’s here! Mr. Cameron finally made his grand appearance. He arrived at a whopping 9lbs 13oz and 21 1/4 inches long on New Years Day at 5:28pm right at the end of the Oregon game. It made labor a lot more tolerable with the game on!
Here’s a bit for my records of how the day went:
On Monday(12/29) I went to the doctor and I was at 5cm but no consistent contractions. Since my doctor had moved my due date up to 12/25 from 1/1 due to size I was scheduled for an induction on 1/5 incase I didn’t go into labor before then. On New Years Eve night I started to feel more contractions and they continued through the night.Thankfully my parents had come up that night so they were able to help with the kids. By morning they were about 8-9 minutes apart. I was told to go to the hospital once they were 6-7 minutes apart since I was so far along and him being my third it would probably happen fast. So around 11 we headed to the hospital and I was at 6cm. It was strange because the contractions didn’t really hurt all that bad and the nurses were surprised at how far a long I was. The contractions were more in my back and very different then the last two labors. Around 12:30 I got an epidural and the nurses thought I would deliver around kickoff of the game(2:30). That didn’t happen. My doctor came at 2:30 to break my water and I was still only at a 6-7cm. It took a few more house for me to progress and I definitely felt cruddy from the epidural. Nauseous, chills, and tired. At one point it started wearing off so my medicine had to be readjusted. Finally around 5 I was ready so the doctor came back and got everything ready. Started pushing and 12 minutes later out came Mr. Cameron! He looked big, but we had no idea how big he would be. We were very surprised!
The kids came the next day and they both had very different reactions. Henry came busting in the room chatting, smiling, and ready to meet Cameron. Claire was more quiet, reserved, and hesitant until she saw everyone was ok. Very telling of their personalities.
It was great to finally come home and see the kids. They were excited to show Cameron the house and his room.
This is the only new baby item I bought since we didn’t have a bouncer seat. On my. This is awesome. Any new parent needs one of these. He loves it and it is the simplest little chair.
Teresa came for a few days to help out and it was great. So helpful!
We are all adjusting well and enjoying the little moments. We are so happy to have Cameron here!
No comments:
Post a Comment