Since I have a bit more time with the kids both in school two mornings a week it has given me the opportunity to 1) enjoy a quiet house, 2)go to the store without two kids grabbing food the whole time, and 3)do some home projects. I have done a couple of craft-ish projects over the last couple of months. Since I have no crafting ability or talent whatsoever it kind of feels like me vs. the project each time. That means it takes me about 8x as long as the normal, talented, crafter. I thought I would share what I have done. I am awful at figuring out what to put on walls for décor so I found a easy/cheap painting project for our bedroom:
I have always wanted to use chalkboard paint for something in the house, so I painting a small wall in our desk area in the kitchen. The kids loved watching me paint. Every time I ask Claire what color she wants her room she always responds with black. Silly girl. I think I might paint a small part of her wall with chalkboard paint to satisfy her odd black choice. Each painting step took me about a week to complete because I’m a bit of a procrastinator at times.
Finished product:
Baby steps with the crafting. My next task is tackling our window treatments. I have no idea where to start! Curtains intimidate me.
In fun kid activities, Claire loves anything to do with playing music(guitar, microphone, etc…) and Henry loves dancing so they have been having fun putting on “shows” for us with their talents. Pretty darn cute!
Henry is also finally loving books and building with the MegaBlocks. It took him awhile to have the attention span to sit, look at a book, or build towers. Now he will entertain himself for good spans of time.
(His “cheeese” face.)
No comments:
Post a Comment