Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing day. We had planned on heading up to Maryland to visit family, but decided to stay home after the weather seemed questionable. It was a good thing we did because poor Claire finally came down with the cold Henry has been trying to recover from. She was up all night Wednesday/Thursday coughing. It was a quiet day with lots of TV yesterday and today. The kids this year enjoyed watching the Macy’s parade and seeing some of their favorite characters. I decided to make some food and Claire helped me bake Wednesday before I knew she was getting sick.

IMG_0405 IMG_0420

Since I thought we would be gone this weekend, I told Claire we could decorate for Christmas in the house. Most of the house was decorated last weekend except our tree, which goes against me believing no Christmas until after Thanksgiving. But, the kids were excited to decorate. Today Paul took down the tree from the attic. I still can’t get over having a fake one, the Oregon girl in me weeps. The kids were helpful for about 10 minutes until they decided to do something more fun.

IMG_0424IMG_0425IMG_0427IMG_0428

Since it’s been a few weeks, here are a few more photos of what we’ve been up to.

Leaves, leaves, and more leaves:

IMG_0335IMG_0343IMG_0344IMG_0345IMG_0347IMG_0348IMG_0349IMG_0353IMG_0370IMG_0385

I finally went to a local farm near us that sells amazing food (bacon, cheddar biscuits…yummy!). Claire helped me make breakfast one morning:

IMG_0394 IMG_0395

We hope you all have a relaxing weekend before the craziness of Christmas comes! Also, GO DUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment