Since getting our pumpkins a few weeks ago, the kids have been asking nonstop about carving them. As much as we tried to explain waiting to carve until closer to Halloween they still asked daily. Finally today was the day.
The kids having their turn scraping out their pumpkins:
They didn’t’ really last too long until Daddy had to help out:
This was the point where Henry checked out and decided to dress up instead:
After Paul and I attempted to carve a face in the pumpkin the kids painted their pumpkins with glow in the dark paint. When Paul asked Henry if he liked his pumpkin Henry replied, “No, I don’t like it.” The kid has high standards.
Finished product on the steps! (I need to do some spider web repair. We had quite the wind storm that blew the other side of webs off. It also resulted in us losing power in the middle of the night that caused Claire to be too scared to sleep in her room without a nightlight. We didn’t get much sleep…)
We are hoping for a dry Halloween! (HA!)
No comments:
Post a Comment