Monday, June 3, 2013

Let’s Get Muddy!

 

This past weekend I participated in a mud run/obstacle race called Warrior Dash. It was a 5k with about 8-10 obstacles and a huge mud pit at the end. It was so much fun. I have met a great group of women through the kids’ school who enjoy doing fun races together. The downside of this race was the weather. It was about 90 degrees. Thankfully it wasn’t a long race and the mud provided a nice cool relief from the heat.

Before shot(yes, we got those awesome capes and hats!-Claire loved them):

934041_10201275618714217_2111218872_n 

One husband was nice enough to ride his bike through most of the course to take pictures. Here are a couple of the half dozen walls we had to climb. I hate heights so this was quite the mental challenge for me.

 

IMG_8291  IMG_8295IMG_8297

A fun cargo net:

IMG_8307

Finally, the whole reason I do the race-the mud!

IMG_8317    IMG_8341

After:

IMG_8373   IMG_8380

I am still cleaning mud off of me; darn carolina red clay. Paul is joining me in doing a mud run in Eugene when we are there at the end of the month. I’m excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment